Sunday

12th September Nina's Book Launch - and what you can do now for me!


What a blast we all had at my book launch for In the Moors! People have been tweeting and messaging me to say that they really enjoyed the event. Sarah said...It was a lovely evening Nina! You spoke and read really well, and I'm looking forward to reading the book. Sue said,Great launch, Nina!. Kit said, Fab evening and wonderful to see so many. Am reading book already. Love it! Ali said... loving it too, and finding great examples of good writing for my workshop  - all those lovely verbs … And book me that lovely professor for my next book launch. He was so informative and entertaining all in 5 mins. Charlotte said, enjoyed it  - lovely to see you in your element x 
Jane said...Well done Nina! A great launch. And I hope you've recovered from the shock of Becky NOT being in Montenegro after all!

Yes, I must admit that although the entire thing was a ball, and there were fifty people laughing, chatting, sipping wine and queuing to have their books signed, the most wonderful moment in the evening for me was when I saw my daughter’s face in the crowds as I had no idea she’d be there, living as she does a long way away.

I've just heard from one of my students, who came a long way and stayed in a Bristol hotel overnight (what a sacrifice!) to be at my launch. She wrote; 
I enjoyed the whole event, your reading an extract from your book and the Professor's talk on Shamanism.  It was all very interesting.  I'm glad there was a good turn-out for you, Nina and of course, much book signing.  It was also lovely to meet other writers, so thank you for introducing me to some of them…I'd never been to one before and was unsure what to expect. But I must say it was truly great.  It was lovely to meet you Nina, and to find you in such an ecstatic mood.  Especially, the moment when you spotted your daughter in the crowd and not in Montenegro as you had thought.  I can relate to how you must have felt, since my son did something similar many years ago when he was much younger.  He was based in Singapore at the time but working off shore all around South East Asia as a commercial diver.  We hadn't seen him in three years but he turned up unexpectedly about two days before Christmas and surprised everyone.  It was really exciting!  He still loves to do that kind of thing. 
 Best regards,
Pat.

I was so honoured that some of my students made such an effort. But I want to thank everyone who came, because the bums on the seats were what really made the event. 

Another student was on holiday, and couldn't come, but she's just emailed me too, to say…

I’ve had to sit indoors on a beautiful sunny afternoon here in Brittany so that I could finish In the Moors and find out what happened.  I enjoyed it hugely!  And am looking forward to reading the next one.   What a brilliant concept to have a shaman at the centre of a crime mystery novel.   With my writing student hat on I was struck by the sense of place throughout the book.  Much food for thought there.

What a great recommendation for In the Moors! 

Naturally, if you haven't managed to procure a copy yet, you can get it from Amazon, but I would much rather you embraced the Books are my Bag campaigne and walked into a bookshop to buy it. Foyles in Cabot Circus is stocking it now, but if that's not your local bookshop, then go to that one and ask them to order it for you; or even better stock a couple. I can let you have information on distributors and publicity.

And if libraries are more your thing, then please mention the book to them. If you have In the Moors and enjoyed it, show it to your local librarian and ask them if they can keep a copy.

We finally drove away from Bristol at 11pm and immediately hit a diversion that took us back around the ring road into Filton and on to the Mall. We got home very late, but I couldn't really sleep anyway.
But up at 6.30 to let the hens out so I could tell them all my exciting news! 


No comments:

Post a Comment